Monday, January 12, 2009

Burgers. That's right. Burgers.

I might have mentioned this before, but I want this wedding to be very casual. I picture a family picnic/barbecue. Sco's fine with that as long as it's also "brilliant" as he likes to say. The "brilliant picnic" concept is slowly evolving. I've relinquished the idea of picnic blankets instead of chairs for the reception. My sister brought up that I'll have to have chairs anyway for the ceremony and the reception will be in the same location. She pointed out that it's a little weird to have the ceremony without chairs and that for the reception, "there will be old people there! Do you think that old people want to sit on friggin' blankets?!?" Thank you, dear sister.
So, food. I'm still hung up on hamburgers. I like them. A lot. I'll have veggie options and maybe some chicken, too. I've found a few examples (like this one on Style Me Pretty) of burgers and fries done brilliantly, so I think it can be done by us, too.

Source

No comments: